Cheesecake topped with Grilled Honey Buttered Peaches
• Serves 8
• 200g Ginger Biscuits Crumbed
• 100g Salted Butter Melted
• 5 Large eggs
• 275g Caster Sugar
• 2 tsp Lemon Zest
• 1 tbls Lemon Juice
• 750g Cream Cheese Softened
• 250ml Double Thick Cream Lightly Beaten
• Grilled Honey Butter Peaches
• 6 Peaches Large
• 100g Butter Softened
• 2 tbls Honey Runny
• 1 Vanilla Pod Seeds 1 Pods Seeds
• 1 tbls Brown Sugar
1. Before you get started with the baking, line the base of a 20cm loose-bottomed cake tin with baking paper. Now place the biscuit crumbs into a bowl and add the melted butter. Mix together well and then press onto the base of the prepared cake tin. Smooth down with the back of a spoon. Chill until you need it.
2. Put the eggs and caster sugar in the bowl of your food processor and whisk until light and fluffy. Add the remaining ingredients, except the cream, and mix together well. Fold in the cream and pour the mixture into the prepared cake tin. Make a collar by cutting a strip of baking paper long enough to go all the way around the cake tin. This must be about 3cm higher than the top of the baking tin. Roll it into a cigar and unravel and place around the inside of the baking tin. Secure the ends together with a paper clip. Then gently spoon the mixture into the baking tin.
3. Place the cheesecake into the oven at xxx degrees C and bake for 80-90 minutes. The Cheesecake should have a tiny wobbly spot in the centre and, as the cake cools, the centre will firm up. Store the cheesecake covered in the fridge until you are ready to serve it.
4. Place the peaches onto a baking tray. Cream together the butter, honey and vanilla seeds and spoon onto the peaches. Sprinkle with a little brown sugar and grill in a hot oven unti lthe peaches start to bubble and turn golden brown.
To serve: Arrange peaches over the top of the cheese cake and dust lightly with icing sugar before bringing it to the table.