Grilled Plum, Feta and Spinach salad
- Serves 4
- A little olive oil
- 6 plums halved and stoned
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 400g washed baby spinach leaves
- 1 large firm ripe avo peeled and sliced
- 1 small red onion peeled and thinly sliced
- 250 g crispy streaky bacon roughly chopped
- 200 g feta cheese roughly crumbled
- 30 g toasted sunflower seeds
- 30 g toasted almonds roughly chopped
- Preheat the grill in the oven
- Toss the plums in olive oil and season with salt and pepper
- Arrange the plums cut side up on a baking tray and sprinkle with sugar, grill for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and cool.
- Cut the plums in half lengthwise.
- On a platter layer the remaining ingredients, arrange the plums on the top, sprinkle over some of the nuts and crumbled feta and serve with the dressing.
- 1 large clove grated garlic
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp runny honey
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ cup plus 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Blend all the ingredients together, taste and adjust the seasoning.