Bacon and Nectarine Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- Makes 4
- 4 x skinless chicken breast fillets butterflied
- 16 rashers of streaky bacon
- ¼ cup crispy bacon bits
- 100g grated parmesan cheese
- 2 firm nectarines finely chopped
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 spring onions chopped
- Mix the bacon bits, parmesan cheese, nectarines, ricotta cheese and spring onions into a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken breast on a clean work surface.
- Divide the filling into 4 and spoon it down one side of the chicken breast, flip the chicken over the filling.
- Place 4 rashers of bacon on a piece of plastic wrap.
- Place a breast on the edge of the bacon and roll it up.
- Heat a pan with a little oil and place the breast seam side down in the pan and fry for 3 minutes or until the bottom is sealed
- Turnover and give the top a little colour. Place the chicken in a baking dish and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and rest before serving with spicy potato wedges and a great big green salad.