- 5 fresh egg whites
- 140g caster sugar
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 1 Tbsp cocoa
- Preheat oven to 150°C
- Line a 28 x 34cm Swiss roll tin with baking paper that has been lightly sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the egg whites into a very clean metal or glass bowl and whisk until soft peaks form.
- Gradually whisk in the caster sugar and whisk until egg whites are stiff and glossy.
- Mix together the cornflour and cocoa and very gently fold into the egg whites with a metal spoon.
Gently spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and spread it out evenly.
- Bake for 1 hour or until set.
- Remove and allow to cool.
- 300g cling Peaches cut into small blocks
- 3 Tbsps caster sugar
- Juice of 1/2 a ripe lemon
- 1 x 600ml thick cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp icing sugar
- Place the Peaches, caster sugar and lemon juice into a saucepan and stir together, cook till sugar melts and mixture is still chunky, set aside to cool completely.
- Whip cream with the vanilla extract and icing sugar until thick and firm.
- Stir the Peach mixture into the cream.
- Place a fresh piece of baking paper onto the meringue and turn it upside down .
- Very carefully peel off the paper on the base of the meringue.
- Spread cream mixture over meringue, now use the baking paper to help you hold it firmly to gently roll the meringue to form a roulade. Once that is done place the roulade onto your serving platter.
- Dust with icing sugar and top with sliced peaches and a few little edible flowers, give it another knight dust with icing sugar before serving.
- Tip: test the freshness of the eggs by placing them in a bowl of cold water, they should sink, if they float replace them.
- Extra sliced peaches
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Edible flowers