Deep Dish Peach and Nectarine Pie
Make the Pastry First
- 500g firm nectarines, stoned and sliced
- 500g firm dessert or cling peaches, stoned and sliced
- 1 large apple grated
- Juice of 1 yellow lemon
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 1/3 tsp ground cardamom
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk beaten
- 1 egg white lightly beaten
- 1-2 Tbsp Caster sugar
- Preheat: The oven to 200°C degrees
- Place: The nectarines, peaches, apple, lemon juice, cinnamon, ginger cardamon and brown sugar in a large bowl and stir together gently.
- Brush: The egg yolk over the base of the pastry.
- Spoon: In the filling and bring up the edges of the pastry and fold over the filling, make sure to leave an uncovered gap in the centre of the pie.
- Brush: The pastry with the egg white and sprinkle with caster sugar.
- Bake: For 20 minutes at 200 deg C and then turn the heat down to 180 deg C and bake for another 25 minutes or until the pastry is nice and golden and crisp.
- Serve: With great dollops if whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.