Chunky Peach and Bacon Dip with Pita Crisps
The luscious juicy flesh of the peach and crispy salty bacon are a match made in heaven, great to serve while watching your favourite TV show or while waiting for the nest to come off the braai.
- Serves 4-6
- 250 g cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup natural yoghurt
- 2 spring onions with tops thinly sliced
- 1 clove finely crushed garlic
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp chopped mint
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 chilli finely chopped
- 250 g crisp streaky bacon finely cc chopped
- 2 dessert peaches finely chopped
- 6 large pita breads
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp maldon salt
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp finely chopped Rosemary
- 2 Tbsp white or black sesame seeds
- Stir all the ingredients together except the peaches, taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Stir in the peaches, pile into a bowl and serve with the pita Crisps
- Preheat oven 200 degrees C
- Cut each pita bread into 8 triangles. Place the triangles onto a baking tray.
- Place the remaining ingredients into a bowl except the sesame seeds.
- Brush each triangle with oil mixture and sprinkle over the sesame seeds.
- Bake for about 7 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy, keep your eye on them, they cook quickly, you don’t want to burn them