Lamb and Nectarine Kebabs
- Makes 6
- 6 long wooden skewers soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 800 g lamb shoulder cut into cubes
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ¾ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp dried chilli (optional)
- ⅓ cup olive or vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsps lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 18 wedges of very firm nectarines
- 12 wedges of red onion
Place the lamb in a bowl with all the ingredients except the nectarines and onions and rub into the lamb.
Thread the lamb, nectarines and onions onto the skewers.
Grill over hot coals till done the way you like it.
Serve with potato salad, green salad, pickled red onion and yoghurt.
Tip: If you can get your hands onto some fresh bay leaves thread them between the layers, looks good and tastes even better.