Nectarine and Smoked Chicken Lunch Box
My children loved a salad for their school lunch instead of boring sandwiches. Pack this delicious salad for the whole family.
- Serves 4
- 1 cup cooked Bulgar wheat
- zest 1 yellow lemon
- 2 Tbsp chopped mint
- 1 cup cucumber, chopped or thinly sliced
- 2 large firm nectarines stone removed and chopped
- 300 g chopped smoked chicken breast
- 30 g toasted almonds chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Stir together and season to taste.
- Place all the ingredients together in a bowl, season with salt and pepper and lightly toss together, add the dressing and stir together gently.
- Divide into 4 portions and pack into lunch boxes.