Yummy Plummy Bread and Butter Pudding
- Serves 4
- 10 slices of stale white bread crusts removed and buttered in both sides.
- 2 heaped Tbsps of strawberry jam
- zest and juice of one lemon
- 6 large plums stoned and chopped into small pieces
- 350 ml milk
- 125 ml cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsps caster sugar
- Extra caster sugar for sprinkling
- Flaked almonds (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180 deg C
- Cut the buttered bread into triangles.
- Place the jam, lemon zest and juice along with the plums into a sauce pan and a bring to the boil, remove from the heat
- Arrange half the bread into a baking dish, spoon over the plum mixture, cover with the remaining bread.
- Whisk together the milk, cream, eggs cinnamon and caster sugar, pour it over the bread, let the pudding stand for 30 minutes before baking.
- Sprinkle over the caster sugar and almonds if you are using them
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until the custard has just set and the top is nice and golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, dust with icing sugar. Serve warm with whipped cream or great blobs of vanilla ice cream.