Vanilla and Cinnamon scented Muffins with Plum Centres
These are delicious to wake up to or come home to after school and even better to find in your lunch box.
- Makes 12
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 cups cake flour sifted
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 5 firm ripe plums pitted and cut into small pieces
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsps sugar
- 2 Tbsps sunflower seeds (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C deg.
- Spray a 12 hole muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Place the sugar, flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl and give it a stir to mix everything together.
- In a separate bowl place the eggs, vanilla, buttermilk and oil, whisk together.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour and stir in the buttermilk mixture, don’t over mix, divide the batter into two portions.
- Spoon the first portion of batter onto the base of muffin holes, top with the plums, spoon over the remaining batter.
- Top: With a few fresh pieces of plum, cinnamon sugar and sprinkle with sunflower seeds bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the muffins comes out clean.
- Cool the muffins in the tin for 5 to 10 minutes before removing them.