Nectarine & Thyme Sorbet Bellini
- Serves 6-8
- 6 ripe nectarines
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme (plus extra for serving)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Chilled Bubbly to serve
- Chop the nectarines, then place into a freezer bag and freeze for at least 4 hours or until completely frozen.
- In a saucepan, combine water, sugar and thyme, then place over low heat and stir until dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and set aside to cool completely.
- Place the frozen nectarines, sugar syrup and lemon juice into a food processor (or blender) then blend until smooth (there will still be flecks of the nectarine skin).
- Transfer into a freezer safe dish, then freeze for a minimum of 1 hour or until ready to serve.
- To serve, place a scoop of the sorbet into glasses, top with a few fresh thyme sprigs, then top with chilled bubbly.