Crispy Calamari with Plum & Chilli Salsa
- Serves 4
For the Calamari:
- 600g – 800g calamari rings
- Juice 1/2 lemon
- Salt and pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups cake flour
- 4 Tbsps Zola’s Feasts Flavourbomb Spice Mix (or your favourite spice blend)
- Oil for frying
For the Salsa:
- 4 plums, diced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsps chopped fresh coriander
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Squeeze lemon juice over the calamari and season with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, combine the cake flour, spice mix and ½ tsp salt.
- Dip the seasoned calamari into beaten egg, then into the seasoned flour to coat.
- Dust off excess flour from calamari, then fry in hot oil for about 2-3 minutes until crispy.
- For the salsa, combine all the ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Serve crispy calamari with the salsa and extra lemon wedges to squeeze over.