Peach Bacon and Chicken Kebabs
• Makes 4
• 600 g chicken breast fillets
• 1 Tbsp grated ginger
• 2 cloves grated garlic
• ½ tsp turmeric
• ¼ tsp ground white pepper
• ½ tsp salt
• ½ tsp ground cumin
• ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
• ½ cup Greek yogurt
• Zest of 1 VERY YELLOW lemon
1. Cut the chicken breast into 16 chunks and place it into a bowl with the rest of the ingredients, stir well to coat, marinate for 30 minutes.
• 2 large very firm cling peaches, washed.
• 8 rashers of streaky bacon cut in half lengthwise
• 4 wooden skewers that have been soaked in hot water for 40 minutes.
1. Cut each peach into eight wedges and season with salt and pepper.
2. Wrap each peach wedge in a strip of bacon.
3. Divide the chicken and peach wedges between the four skewers, thread alternating the chicken and peaches.
4. Grill on the fire for 12 to 14 min. or until chicken is done, then brush with the glaze and cook for another minute or two.
• 1 Tbsp honey
• 2 Tbsp sweet chilli sauce
• 1 Tbsp very finely chopped coriander
• 1 tsp sesame oil
1. Stir together and brush the kebabs just before taking them off the fire.