Frozen Peach slice
• Serves 6
• 2 cling peaches peeled and stoned
• 1 Tbsp orange liqueur
• 1 Tbsp runny honey
• Juice and zest of 1 lime
• 100 g of gooseberries halved (Optional)
• 1 trifle loaf
• 750 ml vanilla ice cream
• ½ cup thick Greek yoghurt
• 1 cling peach thinly sliced
• Honey to drizzle
1.Chop the peaches into little cubes, stir in liqueur and honey and set aside to macerate for 10 minutes.
2. Stir the peaches, lime juice and zest and gooseberries into the ice-cream and return to the freezer.
3. Line a loaf tin with plastic wrap letting it hang over the sides of the tin.
4. Slice the cake into two horizontally and place one half onto the base of the prepared cake tin.
5. Remove the ice-cream from the freezer and divide into two.
6. Spoon half the ice cream onto the cake, spread to the edges and smooth top.
7. Cover with another slice of cake and repeat the process, and now cover with the last round of cake, pull the over lapping plastic over the cake to seal, place in the freezer till frozen and firm.
8.Take the cake out of the freezer 20 minutes before serving and spoon the yogurt over the top, decorate with the sliced peaches and drizzle with honey.
Tip: You can use shop bought trifle sponge you make the ice-cream cake