Plum Jelly Sweets
• Makes 24 – 30 (depending on the size of the mould)
• Prep time: 40 min, plus time for setting
• 15 plums, halved and stoned
• ½ cup water
• ½ cup Caster sugar
• 6 Tbsp gelatin powder
• Silicone mould of your choice
• Non-stick cooking spray
1. Place the plums in a small saucepan with the water and simmer until soft.
2. Place in a blender and process until smooth.
3. Strain the liquid through a sieve and return to the pot (alternatively, if you have a juicer, simply juice the fruit and place in the saucepan).
4. Add the caster sugar and dissolve over low heat.
5. Sponge the gelatin in a little water, according to the package instructions.
6. Once, sponged, place the gelatin in the warm plum liquid and stir to dissolve.
7. Lightly spray your mould with the non-stick spray and place on a baking tray.
8. Carefully pour the liquid into the mould – using a jug – and place in the fridge for an hour and a half, or until set.
9. Pop out and enjoy!
*you can also toss them in some granulated white sugar to create an extra texture